I truly apologize for not posting something sooner. I started a new job a few months ago and moved to Virginia, so the past three months have been a blur.
Anyway, something really irked me today. I was sitting at Starbucks, relaxing and have a cup of coffee, when some dude walked in wearing what was obviously an expensive suite (jacket open, no tie), and wasn’t wearing a belt. So that compelled me to write this. Just a couple of fashion tips for guys (which should be common sense).
- For God’s sake, wear a belt. Not wearing one just looks sloppy.
- And make sure the belt matches! Don’t wear a brown belt with black shoes, and vice versa. If you’re wearing sneakers it shouldn’t matter – you shouldn’t have a shirt tucked in with sneakers.
- Cargo pants died out 5 years ago.
- Along with carpenter pants.
- No, it’s not cool to wear a sweater vest with a t-shirt.
- If you’re over 30, it’s time to lose the Abercrombie and Hollister look.
- Owning more than one pair of shoes is a good thing.
- It’s okay to wear black and khaki with brown shoes.
- It’s not okay to wear a dress shirt or polo without layering t-shirt underneath. And if it’s a white dress shirt, please make sure you wear a white tee, preferably without a listing of Van Halen’s 1984 concert dates.
- Ed Hardy is just plain stupid.
If you’re over 30:
DON’T shop at:
- American Eagle
DO shop at:
- J. Crew
- Ralph Lauren
- Kenneth Cole
- Tommy Hilfiger
So there, I’ve said my piece. This is not industry-standard stuff here, just my opinion.